Main content starts here.

Update:November 19, 2015

Welfare assistance

While foreign nationals are not eligible to receive welfare assistance, in cases where permanent residents, the spouses of Japanese citizens/permanent residents or long-term residents are struggling with their livelihood and are unable to receive the necessary support from their country’s Consulate General, etc., it is possible to receive assurance of livlihood based on standards and conditions outlined within the welfare assistance program. For those in need, please contact the ward office (p. 76) that has jurisdiction on the address that is found on your Residence Card or Special Permanent Resident Certificate.